Qiyamah will come when...
Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (R.A.) narrates that
Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhii Wassallam) said, "Qiyamah will come...
* When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic
* When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the
trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
* When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
* When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is
covered in a matter of hours.
* When orators and lecturers lie openly.
* When people dispute over petty issues.
* When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing
offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of
* When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
* When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
* When lies prevail over the truth.
* When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
* When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
* When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst
elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings,
then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
* When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).
The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated
by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood (R.A.) when he inquired from Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi
Wassallam) about the Signs of Qiyamah.
* Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
* People will indulge in homosexuality.
* There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
* There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and
taunters in society.
* People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their
near and dear ones.
* Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil,
immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
* The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid
* The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars
(pulpits) will be erected.
* Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
* Various wines will be consumed excessively.
Auf bin Malik (R.A.) says: I came to Rasulullah
(Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He
said to me, "Count six things before the advent of Qiyamah:
1 My death
2 The conquest of Jerusalem
3 Mass deaths amongst you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers
during an epidemic
4 Abundance of wealth to such an extent that if a person were to be given a
hundred Dinars he will still not be satisfied
5 General anarchy and bloodshed, that no Arab household will be spared from
6 Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the
(Romans) which they will break and attack you with a force consisting of
eighty flags and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men." (Hadith:
IRAQ and SYRIA
Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in
the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will
neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a
thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will
prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.) He
then said: "Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor
grain." We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: "Because of the Romans
Hadhrat Abbas (R.A) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu
Alayhi Wassallam) has said, "Islam will spread far and wide, across the seas. Horses
will cross the land and seas in the cause of Jihaad. Then a time will come wherein a group
of people will emerge which recites the Quraan. They will claim,
'We have recited the Quraan and is there anyone who
understands the Quraan better than us? There is NO ONE more proficient than us in the
study of the Quraan.'
Then Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) asked the
Sahaba, "Do you see any good in their claims?" The Sahaba replied,
"No". Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said, "But these conceited
claimants will be from my Ummah and will be the fuel of the Fire."
from "Signs of Qiyamah" (excerpts)
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali